Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Measures
The staff of Fortune’s Pharmacy are committed to doing everything we possibly can during this difficult time. We have introduced a number of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) measures.
Requests to Patients
- Please, wherever possible, contact us before you come to the pharmacy. This will enable us to have whatever you need ready when you arrive. You can phone us at 053 914 2354 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach us through our social media channels for general advice and information
- Please do not stockpile medicines. Stockpiling may mean that you or another patient may go without.
- Please check that elderly neighbours or family members have any medicines they need and provide whatever assistance you can.
- If you have been in an affected place in the last 14 days, or if you have had contact with someone with coronavirus, or if you have fever, cough or breathing difficulties please DO NOT attend the pharmacy. You should stay at home and phone your GP for instruction. If out of hours please phone Caredoc at 1850 334 999.
- Please stay up to date with developments and follow the advice of the HSE and authorities.
- Please pay using a credit or debit card and use the tap facility for transactions under €30.
- Please give other patients and our staff space.
- Please practice hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene
What we are doing
We have introduced a number of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) measures which will hopefully help to keep everyone safe –
- We are following advice given to us by the Health Protection and Surveillance Centre (HPSC www.hpsc.ie) and other statutory and professional bodies.
- We are minimising, where possible, crossover between staff.
- We are maintaining, where possible, social distancing between staff.
- Some staff members will work on administration tasks away from the pharmacy for periods.
- We will facilitate delivering medicines to the home. Please understand that this does require significant resources and we really want to reserve this service for patients who are housebound.
- We will help with communications with your GP and collecting prescriptions.
- We have increased the circulation space on our shop floor to give everyone a little extra space.
- We have introduced a number of steps to speed up our dispensing process.
We appreciate everyone’s efforts so far. Together we can fight Covid-19.